Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blackout

I talked to Marc today after not hearing from him in three days. On the first day, I chalked it up to schedules and time differences. On the second day with no calls or emails, I began to worry that more than scheduling was coming into play. I knew this could/would happen. Whenever there is an "incident" involving injury to any soldiers, the post communication is shut down until the families can be notified properly. They call it a blackout. Turns out, on Wednesday, a convoy of ground troops were attacked, and a few soldiers were injured. Marc has joked about the relative ease of wartime conditions, but we both realize that the danger is very real. I know you all join me in continued prayers for safety for Marc and his other comrades in arms. God is good. All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment