Friday, May 1, 2009

Get Out the Map

Get out the map get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down.
We'll leave the figuring to those we pass on our way out of town.
Don't drink the water; there seems to be something ailing everyone.
I'm gonna clear my head.
I'm gonna drink that sun.
I'm gonna love you good and strong while our love is good and young.
--Indigo Girls
I made this a few years ago (and by made, I mean with scissors and lacquer). It is by far my most creative venture. It even required a trip to Hobby Lobby or some such place. For some reason, we had yet to hang it in the "new" house (where we have lived for 2.5 years), but with Wesley asking about the exact location of where Daddy would be, I thought it was time to dig it out. We put a sticker on Nashville and a sticker on Iraq. If only they were as close as the map makes them look.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I seen the idea before and have wanted to do it. I'm super impressed. I might even call you "crafty," except I think you would resent that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have coveted that thing since the first time I ever saw it. I was hoping you'd lost it so when I put one up in my house I wouldn't look like a copy cat. Oh well, we're like 1200 miles away from each other, who's going to know?

    ReplyDelete