Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pleasantly Paradoxical

As I mentioned in my original "start at the beginning" post, I've been looking for a full-time job for the last 10 months. I applied to literally hundreds of jobs with no luck. Eventually I settled on the teaching profession to focus my efforts on, but I quickly learned that nearly all full-time teaching positions are filled during the spring or early summer months. Eventually, the stay-at-home dad thing just got really old.

Looking back, though, the last 10 months I spent mostly at home have given me the opportunity to spend time with Wesley and Catelynn that I would have never otherwise been able to. You could say this was God's way of forcing me to cram next year's quality time into this last year. :) I don't know what you're experience with God's working in your life has been, but it certainly fits into God's modus operandi with our family to say that the thing that has caused me the most grief over the last year was in reality a HUGE gift, and something that will allow me to make it through my time away without wondering if I will return to my home with two kids that don't know me. Isn't it funny how He works?

No comments:

Post a Comment