Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Home for the Holidays

Three birthdays and one major winter holiday without Marc down, two other major winter holidays, an anniversary and possibly one more birthday to go. We are spending the holidays at home (which is what I have come to call Nashville, TN), and I think it is the best possible scenario right now. That's not to say we would not treasure time with extended family, but the allure of dear friends, church, our own beds, our little fake Christmas tree, and zero driving hours (among other things) is great enough to tip the scales. I know certain aunties are disappointed, and maybe even an uncle or grandparent too, but I know they love us and try to understand.
Today I sent Marc a box full of Christmas cheer to add to his scores of lights that he is preparing to hang in, on, and around his CHU (and possibly even underneath, if it comes to that!). Before the week is out, I will send his Christmas present which I planned to wrap but realize he will know what it is as soon as he reads the customs form! Oh well. I guess it is the thought, right? He is intensely nosy and would have no doubt opened it before Christmas Day anyway. People keep reminding me that the end is getting closer, and I often reply that it is quite impossible for it to get any farther. And for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment