Monday, October 12, 2009

Meet Me Halfway

The end of September marked the official halfway point in the deployment. Six months down, six to go. I guess it should feel like a joyous accomplishment, but I'm having a little trouble mustering the half-full mentality. Over the last six months, I have become well-acquainted with the challenges I will face for the next six months. I often remind myself that our struggles are not unique, and others face far more difficult circumstances. Then the glass appears overflowing. And it is! The kids are coping incredibly well. We are blessed with regular communication with Marc while he remains safe. Our personal relationship continues to grow, even when "restricted" to typing over a chat. God is good. And He is faithful. He will be faithful and good for the next six months. And even after that.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to read this! Praise the Lord for His goodness to us! It is such a blessing to see how God is providing for you guys. I am continuing to pray for you!
    Andrea F

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is faithful and good isn't He?

    ReplyDelete