Thursday, August 27, 2009

A few recent highlights

A few things I've been up to lately:

1. Averaged 4-5 flights a week, at around 4-5 hours each. Longest flight so far has been 7 hours straight.

2. Spent an evening watching a band on a USO tour. Band was nothing special, but were decent, and made for a fun evening. The drummer is also the drummer for System of a Down if you know who they are.

3. Trying not to eat too much. Occasional boredom is the worst thing here when not working, and I do love eating. It's sometimes hard not to eat 3 really big meals a day, as they're always available at the all-you-can-eat chow halls. So far I'm winning the war and have lost about 10 pounds, but it's a constant battle.

4. Talking to Michelle and the kids. Having internet access here has been awesome, as I've been able to Skype with Michelle most days. It's been a little bit harder to find time now that I'm flying regularly, but hopefully soon I'll get internet in my room. Haven't talked to Wesley as much, now that he's in SCHOOL! Missing his first day was the first real missed milestone and was not fun to deal with personally.

Here are a couple pictures of me before my very first flight here.




2 comments:

  1. Ok, so those pictures make you officially the coolest person I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppi,
    Wouldn't it make hime the Hottest and Sandy-est person you know?
    -Castor

    ReplyDelete